Tuesday 15 March 2011

Thank you Cards

Here are some cards that I made over the last couple of days.  Mixture of styles and ideas!  I have used a variety of Jillibean papers to make my houses, then doodled them - the thanks stickers are My Little Shoebox - they are a great size and so useful!
This is a variation on a quilled card - I roughly twisted the circles around a cocktail stick and then squashed them a bit - which makes them a bit more Rennie Mackintosh style rose (good for using up odds and ends of cardstock as the strips need to be fairly thin).  I edged my heart shape with some lace.

The last card I had my sewing machine out so had to use it. I first cut out several strips of paper using my deckle edge scissors and then stitched them down the middle (another great way to use up your scraps) - I like the ruffled effect it gives.  I cut out a bird house and covered a maya road chipboard bird with the papers I was using.  I inked the chipboard branch and then attached the bird house to it using some ribbon.


16 comments:

  1. Love kraft colour based projects. Great cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! My favourite is the first one as I love the composition of all the elements. The handmade rolled flowers are also fabulous. I don't have a card making 'style' either - they are all different, but that's a good thing - you are not making production-line cards, you are creating unique pieces! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are just fabulous - goodness, I'd be hard picked to choose my fav. I think sometimes it's nice not to have a "style" otherwise each card ends up looking the same, whereas this way, each has a great style

    ReplyDelete
  4. each one is so different, and yet so lovely. Love all the different elements from the cards, the rolled flowers, the stitching and those fab doodled houses xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are all really lovely but maybe the last one has to be my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I love the first card...think its the bold colours on Kraft that gets me. The quilled scraps is a fab idea too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful - love the heart one with all those rolled flowers.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love kraft stuff too, so love the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards - love the rolled heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your projects. I also love the technique you used with the heart! Thanks for your visit to Debby's Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous work especially the first card which I LOVE!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Kat they are all gorgeous, I love the last one - absolutely beautiful and really bright and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow stunning cards - I think you do have a lovely style and the colours and ideas are fab

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, love all the colours.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cards, so creative! Especially the heart one.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails