Thursday 14 April 2011

Right Now ukscrappers- scrap factor


Here is one of the layouts that I did for my auditions for ukscrappers scrap factor. The challenge for this was to do a non photo LO so this was my first go at one, still not sure about it, I should have picked the colour pens the kids used for their pictures!!!  I asked them to draw a picture of themselves and write what they liked at the moment.  It was a bit of a struggle to match the colours and the best I could do was K and Co Wild Saffron papers, ruffled and distressed them, then added some brown paint circle prints. Bit of recycling not this LO as the hearts are made out of an old coke can, I cuttlebugged it and then embossed it and used black stazon to pull out the embossed swirls.  Some fake stitching and a sticker lace that I got in a costco kit.  The stamps 'family is a patchwork of love' is from a creative expressions sewing set of stamps.

I have been busy working on my LO for this weeks colour palette scrapfactor challenge. You can join in to and there are some goodies to be won.


Here are some close ups of the LO.


15 comments:

  1. I love the theme of your page! How nice it will be to look back in a few years and see their drawings - very sweet! Good luck on the audition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I have some things like this saved from when my kids were small...this gives me inspiration to scrap some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely take on the no-photo layout. Good luck with the next challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great page, i love that you've used pictures drawn by the children. now there an idea with the coke can too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I didn't even notice the papers didn't match as the idea of the LO is so fab x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the challenge but I think the first one you did is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would of thought coke cas could look so stylish....love the hearts and the drawings by your children are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea for a non picture LO, love the comment about choosing the coloured pens. lol
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great layout.The kids' drawings are just lovely and thanks for the inspiration with the coke can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layout! Such great ideas here!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it's lovely I have sometimes done non-photo layouts but not often!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea, it will become so much more precious in years to come trust me. I wish I had kept more of my Daughters 'Art'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a great idea and something lovely to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic LO! It looks very art-journallish and a great way to document what your kids are loving right now. Good luck with this weeks' challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails