Monday 13 June 2011

Lets go Fly a Kite


This is my last weeks entry for Scrap factor and the theme for this one was movies/tv, so I took my inspiration from Mary Poppins and the song Let's go Fly a Kite - I found it soo hard to choose a photo and theme for this one, but really enjoyed making the LO once I got going.  The papers are Cosmo Cricket Social Club, I made some cloud masks and did a little misting (using some broken china distress ink in a spritzer), I cut out some clouds and then fake stitched (pin pricked and joined up the dots with a white gel pen) the coulds and main paper pieces.  Lots of ruffling and I made some rosette flowers and litte blooms, a maya road bird covered in paper, and string tails for all the kites.  The alphabets are part cosmo cricket and part Brenda Pinnick from a Christmas pack I have...I didn't have enough 'e's so I altered an 'a' to make an 'e' :)




This weeks theme is texture so please pop over and have a look at all the fantastic work in the gallery, here is my sneak peak.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the kite in the clouds. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful layout. I really like all the elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this, the sprays,faux stitching,the twine but esp the
    Kites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kites are so cute!! Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this LO, got to go and search for that background paper now, LOVE it. That sun is just gorgeous, and I love your use of the film theme, great :) Off to have a look at this weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's a beautiful layout hun - absolutely gorgeous loving all the depth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love all the embellishment details. And that photo is a great one to show scale. Everything about this layout is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super LO all the added bits create such lovely texture & interest.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely LO, you're so talented Katherine....that's why you're still in the running :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving all the detail, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I am blown away! Such an amazing layout.... I feel a scraplift coming on *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful layout...great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning LO, love the kite :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails