Tuesday 15 November 2011

All is Quiet


Here is my first page using Handmade Hannahs Christmas grab box (goes on sale Wed 15th November), it is packed with beautiful papers, tags and embellishments and a lovely flocked alphabet.  The only bits I added from my stash were the thread, buttons and stamped alpha.  

These pictures show the calm before the full eruption of Christmas in the house, the tree is decorated, the stockings are laden with presents........ then the celebrations begin. The page started with a great technique my friend Shelia showed me, you use a wax candle and then rub it over your paper with an embossing folder underneath (brass rubbing really) you then paint over it with distress stains - this one is vintage photo, and you can get a nice wax effect...so I rubbed over a woodgrain folder, but didn't leave it there with just the wax showing....I traced over the wax with my silver stickles to give the woodgrain effect. 

The papers are Teresa Collins and I ruffled, inked and stitched these (I was also quite frugal so the worded paper is cut in an L-shape to fit around the main paper).  I made up a piece of paper ribbon with the diamond check paper, I put pleats in it, and then added some of the lovely velvet ribbon and a brad to the end.  I also drew on a scallop and stitched over it with my sewing machine, then hung the stars from there.  I mounted the photos on white card and inked the edges with tea dye, then I set about making the Christmas Tree which I will save for another post and write up some instructions (as it would make a nice card or tag embellishment too).  I created a pocket behind the main piece of paper and used a tag for my journalling - I stuck another one of the words on the top of the tag and added some more velvet ribbon.  I stamped part of my title, mounting it on foam pads and then used the beautiful flock alphabet for the main word.  So that is my page - it is a beautiful kit and I have lots more plans for it.




24 comments:

  1. Beautiful Katherine - (as per usual!) you always make the stash stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful. You always put so much detail into your work - which I love looking at. Can't wait for your Christmas tree instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely. Amazing stitched scallops and love your pleated ribbon. Looking forward to the tutorial on tree threading too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous-it's all in the detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great LO Katherine and I love the woodgrain effect and how to do it thank you :) I might just do a before and after LO this year of course that menas keeping the kids away from the presents long enough to get a pic lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous page. I love that wax candle technique thingy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page - you can feel the calm before that storm! LOL!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice layout! I love that ornament photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great lo!!! Love all the little special things to look at!!! Super job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally gorgrous! Love the waxed candle technique. I will have to try it some time! This layout totally gets me in the mood for the holidays!!! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that layout is absolutely gorgeous! Lovely xmas theme.

    http://www.terriann87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous- Love the stars and the glittery bark effect

    ReplyDelete
  13. super awesome page filled with super awesome details. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a great effect from your wax technique....super layout too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page!!! Love that tree!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the layering...and look forward to the tree tutorial!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous layout-I love what you've done with that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Can't wait to find out how you made that tree-love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this layout! That tree is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous gorgeous page, love it.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. stunning stunning page love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Utterly fabulous... and I expect nothing less from a paper-genius such as yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails