Tuesday 6 November 2012

PGL



This is my page for this fortnights Studio Challenge which is to use die cuts.  I contemplated getting my silhouette out but decided  to dig out some dies I hadn't used in a while (I don't know why as I still love them) - these were Tim Holtz's tattered leaves and a Spellbinders rose die by Donna Salazar.

The page started with some brushes of Walnut Stain distress stain, and then a splatter of the olive green distress stain on either side of the brown.  To make the splats you just add a little extra water with a brush to the top of the distress stain, start by tapping the distress stain on a scrap paper and when the splatters look about right have a go on your page,  I cut out lots of leaves using some remnants of a Glitz Dreamer paper and also Cosmo Crickets Tea for Two papers.  I inked all the leaves.  Then stitched a little banner of leaves - this is soooo easy to do on a sewing machine as all you do is let the machine run for 2 or 3 stitches before feeding in the next leaf.  I mounted my photo on the blue cosmo cricket paper, and then stuck it onto the small pile of leaves I had piled on the brown ink. I added a kraft doily (using the spellbinders iron works die) and Teresa Collins Christmas washi tape (it is fab as you can't tell it is Christmas so you can use it the whole year around).  I then used the left overs to make a little pennant at the top of the page and added a few more splatters of Olive Green distress ink - I just took some from the stain and added a little water.  The alphabet is one of my favourite ones of the moment by prima.

The photo is one my son made me take (yes long may it last) as he was on his way to school to go on his 1st school trip away from home to PGL which is a big outdoors adventure centre.  He specially bought me a badge home to stick on the page which I have put somewhere very safe and hopefully I will shortly find that really safe place and be able to put it on the page ;).  When he got back I asked whether he had missed us, so he said 'Yes' and I said 'really?' to which he replied 'no' so he had an excellent time - and learned to like bacon!

If you want to join in the challenges this month and win some goodies then here is a link - there is also lots more inspiration on the blog too.




13 comments:

  1. Wow...it looks great! Great picture too.
    I love the way you did the ink smudges and the leaves...and to handcut and sew the leaf banner was such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I so want you to!!! we would tear it UP!!!! love the LO and the background technique under the photos, the banner is adorable~awesome work as always!!!! thanks for stopping in today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful page and lovely banner ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO, love the photo and those lraves are great xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally gorgeous!!!! I love the composition and the perfect placement of your garland :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is stunning. I love the leaf banner and the colours are perfect for autumn.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout-I love the paint background and the banner. I do the same thing with my kids' badges-I put them in such a safe place I can't even find them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very autumnal - the banner of leaves looks so good x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great layout. I am so mad right now as my cameo is miscutting constantly today! Love your die cuts and the paint wash background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the write up as much as the layout - funny yet informative

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute page! Love the layers :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails