Tuesday 4 December 2012

A Room With a View


The next fortnights challenge over at the Studio Blog is layering........which is something that I love.  I used a picture taken from my room over a frosty line of roof tops - it is hard to see from the page, the sunset was just beautiful and I tried to echo that in the colours of the papers - so used lots of Studio Calico HeyDay collection, along with some Dear Lizzy papers too.

I started with my parquet flooring style paper as the main matt (I love woodgrain :)), and then distressed the edges and ripped one a little layering lace and papers behind it.  I then cut a few journal tags, and several layers for behind the photo, ruffling, inking and adding lace.  The clouds are from Tando and I covered them in some texture paste to get that lumpy cloud feeling, and then made some banners of punched hearts which I stitched together.  I cut out a little mason jar from the Dear Lizzy papers and added a camera wood veneer - the word photos is from the October Afternoon Mid Way collection.  I stamped the title with Kaisercrafts typewriter stamps and then added my journalling in the bottom corner and a few flicks of white paint.

If you would like to join us this month in layering things up on your pages then here is the link,






8 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest layout. I just love the tiny heart banner - xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sunset and great page...love the stitched banner hearts, the little jar of hearts (do I see a theme here?) and the overall look of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout - with all your trademark brilliant paper distressing and delicious layering - love the delicate pastels.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just fab. Super layering and I love the little heart banner.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the likkle heart banners are a winner..brilliant photo too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous i love the jar of hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hearts-on-a-string-banners and the soft colors ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails