Saturday 26 January 2013

You are my Sunshine in the Rain




Here is another page I did with the Simple Stories Snap papers - I used an instagram photo of my son on our very wet holiday to the Isle of Wight!  I started with a bit of stitching - and made a 10 by 10 square and then stitched randomly across it in lines, then I added some liquid pearls to the strings too - make it look a bit rainy.  I used my large flower punch and smaller one to make some heart shapes for the photo strip and folded them in half and stitched down the centre, I then layered and stitched lots of different pieces from the papers adding a few stickers and a Studio Calico wood veneer camera.  The alphabet is from the Simple Stories summer collection - I like that they give you a mix on the sheet as well as some phrases too.

Hoping that this year is a slightly less wet holiday!  We did still have lots of fun despite the rain like treasure hunts by car and lots of games inside but a little more dryness, doesn't even have to be sun, would be great.  So I am hoping that all of you are having a sun filled day.






8 comments:

  1. Ooohhh just fabulous, it's a real sense of rain on your layout. I'm addicted to Instagram, and I love how you've used this photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stitching its a great way to create the background trust you to have thought of it I agree with Sandra it really gives the sense of rain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think I might be stealing your 'stitching and liquid pearl' idea. A super page.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this - I can never be bothered to drag out my sewing machine but I am now having a rethink after seeing your page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! Love the stitching!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lovely:) I am really liking the rounded corner look too at the moment and I love the use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun technique - love the sewing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails