Friday 12 April 2013

Glitzy Cards


The gallery is now up over at A Trip Down Memory Lane and we got sent some beautiful Glitz papers to play with - I received Cashmere Dame and Yours Truly...so here are a couple of the cards I made.

I like to use up lots of the smaller bits of paper that I have left from my pages on my cards.  On the 1st card I stitched, inked and layered them.  The bingo card is a stamp by  Teresa Collins which I used on white cardstock and then covered with tea dye distress ink.  I made the rosette flower (though I have now invested in a Tim Holtz die!). 


The stamp for this card I picked up on my holiday in the states - can't resist a camera!  I started the card using a new Studio Calico mask I couldn't resist.  I inked up a make up sponge and rubbed ink through the mask (I masked the mask with paper so that just the 2 lines of chevrons came out).  I then layered up my off-cuts of paper, some washi tape and wrapped some MME twine around the card too.

If you would like to see lots of lovely Glitz pages then check out the gallery here, I'll be back later on to show you my pages.

20 comments:

  1. Love the colour combinations I really like that camera do you think you could bring it to crafting next month so I could try it, cheeky I know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous stuff Kat, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Kat! I could never get a bingo card to look so cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are great:) Both stamps are fab, I love this type of stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the layers- awesome cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always blown away by your scrapbooking, and now I see your cards are just as awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!
    Love the product and layers on the first card :)
    Love the stamp on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab cards! i love the stamped chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so gorgeous! I never know what to do with Bingo cards, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards, I love the idea of using a make up sponge to get ink through the mask, and the twine wrapped all around the second card looks brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, and I love that camera stamp :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are just fab. I can never resist camera stamps or scrapbooking papers myself

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Katherine. Love your camera stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these two, Katherine - especially that first one, perfect combination of pretty and rustic - I love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards Katherine.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards ... love the way you've used the chevron mask!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails