Monday 9 September 2013

My 2


I am on the Tando blog week starting with the theme of Family, so here are 2 of the members of mine, stood for a photo against a rather nice white wall at the Natural History Museum.  

I started the page by tearing a piece of card in half and then arranging it in a v shape on my page and covering the rest of the paper.  I used the Tando Tangled yarn mask too which I put in the middle of the v and then spritzed it all with a black glimmer mist.  I started layering up and distressing bits of paper, and added a layer of cardboard (if you strip as much as you can off the top of the cardboard and then spritz with a little layer of water you can get down to the corrugated centre quite quickly), and also some gauze to soften it all.  With the gauze and the card I find it easier to staple the layers together and then stick them to my page (and add a couple more staples behind the photo).  I also added in some lace and Crate Paper chipboard - all the papers are from Crate Papers DIY shop, there is also a little strip of the washi tape paper from the collection underneath the photo and I used some strips of paper punched with an eksuccess punch too.  I used one of the Tando chipboard star buttons, and covered it in yellow and gold gelatos (a waterbased pastel) and then added some silver in over the top too, threading it with twine and then making a pile of that twine behind the button.  There is a small scattering of paper pieces (the left overs from my punching) I just used a wet glue and random dots of it and then I sprinkled the paper over the top like glitter, though as I didn't have loads of it I also helped a few bits into place.  I used some thickers for the title, added my journalling and used a Dear Lizzy date stamp too.

A couple of other things for today - Ukscrappers is having a blog hop and there are loads of super tutorials and projects on there here is a link to the start.

Also the Studio Challenges are having a Design Team call and the deadline has been extended, please check it out over here.

Finally here is my link over to the Tando blog too which always has lots of ideas and inspiration here.





12 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS Katherine! I LOVE those layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love how you included bits of lace in your layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these layers! And I love seeing how other people layer on their layouts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off it's a great photo!
    And second, lovely layering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your detailed layering. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO - those layers look super. What a fab photo to top it all off.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super layout, love the layers and white space. very cool x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been catching up on all your posts and fantastic layouts. Hope you had a lovely summer x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous layout, always love all the little details, on your layouts.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Katherine, I just wanted to tell you again here how I love your page... We can measure how much your family inspire you !!! Lovely page and your tow kids are really nice ! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails