Sunday 27 October 2013

On Top of the World


This fortnights challenge over at the Studio blog is to take some inspiration from this pinterest photo.



So my page and inspiration might take a little explaining!  I went a little laterally and started with a different sort of mask - this was another one of the new goodies in my Tando pack and is called Burning Rubber which is 12" by 3".  I rotated it a few times and scrapped texture paste through the mask.  Once this had dried I then added some splashes of distress stains, adding a little water to make some of it drip.  I then layered up with a mixture of Dear Lizzy papers trying to pull some of the rich colours from the photos.  I then dug through my stash and layered up some October Afternoon word stickers, an Amy Tangerine layered sticker and some leaf ribbon too.  Lots of stitching and distressing of my papers, and a glassine pocket for behind the photo with an October Afternoon sticker at the top. I  then added some gold in the form of the gold sequins, and my title which is a mix of Glitz and American Craft thickers.  So lots of layers and details like the masks.

The photo is from a camping weekend where we walked up a massive hill with the kids, and it just felt like you were in the clouds as you could see for miles around.

There is lots of inspiration on the blog today and if you want to join in with us then there is a prize too...here is the link.









5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and a great way to get inspired by the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO - I always love the way you can add texture & interest to your LOs with your layering.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how the photo inspired you to create a beautiful layout x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always put so much interest in your layouts, I find there is always something new to see when I look. Another stunner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that layout!!! So creative and lots of thought into the design. Nice photo, too. I'd have to agree that "top of the wolrd" is a perfect scrapping opportunity!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails