Saturday 15 April 2017

Adventure with no patterned papers


Each month Ann sets us a challenge over in the ATDML#Create group and this month it is to use no patterned papers.  I'd seen a few pages that were more art journalling and had techniques with brayers and paints, and just decided to give it a go with my Pentart acrylics.  I started with yellow and then added in 2 different shades of green and a little gold, all on my brayer (really I should have got an even covering on my brayer, but I just went straight to the card stock!).  Once this had dry I drew around several different style circles, and then added some stamping in red and grey inks.  I also used my Tando gears stencil and aubergine and cream acrylics to add some gears.  Next I had a go at using my brayer with some distress ink, there was not smooth ombre effect for me!  Possibly the paper or my brayer, but I didn't let that stop me and used the bubble wrap stamp over the top and punched out some stars and also a circle, and then punched the inner out with a smaller circle.  I added a little bit of washi tape and some Heidi swap glittery stickers...and that is it - so mostly just paint.

If you fancy joining in the challenge or getting some more inspiration then check out our group here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails