Monday 16 May 2011

Eight


This is my week 4 challenge for scrapfactor, and the challenge was creative journalling.  This LO is based on my DS and gave me the chance to write down a bit about his character...and behind the journalling are some journal sticks that have included some of his most memorable quotes and moments (I still need to add one from a 1st Holy Communion we went to yesturday - a little bell rings several times during communion, and my kids both kept asking me why and as it was sooo quite I said I would tell them after...he turns to me and says 'does it mean that its nearly lunchtime?' -made me smile).  For this LO I used some memory stor paper (costco kit) for the backing and spritzed it with firebrick distress ink and perfect pearls.  I made the stamped edge piece out of some K and Co paper, and added the red cosmo circket paper behind the photo - have ruffled and stitched it.  To the side of the photo is a sassafrass paper border from indie girl, and there is a doily lace punched border along the bottom from crate papers restoration line.  For the journalling I inked the edges of the paper, and then printed out several words in a type font off the computer and then stuck and stitched them on.  I sewed a swirl in red embroidery thread - it is based on a prima flourish, and then I added some swirl paper roses (courtesy of Pam Thorburns tutorial) and added a pearl in the middle and a few leaves.  I also cut out a few small circles (sizzix die) and stitched them in the corner....so here are the close ups.





I mentionned the UTEE cabachon style roses last week...and I was asked where I was going to use them....which prompted me to use them on this LO - it is my week 5 scrapfactor LO, and the challenge was to focus on just one photo.  I made a few more roses for it too - please pop over and have a look and see all the lovely creations in the gallery.


Last but by no means least I had some more lovely news on Friday that I was the winner in Handmade Hannahs giveaway, so I have been spending on the lovely goodies in her shop - THANK YOU.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO Kat! I really love the colours and the photo is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this LO. The little 3d circles, spray, colours anfd flowers. It's great to write down those little gems for future embarressment....like when they are 18.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept a little note my son wrote to me when he was four years old... it reads "When I am older I am going to put ants on the moon in tiny spacesuits". He hasn't thanked me for keeping it, nor for sharing it so readily with others *lol* But I love to read it and remember what he was like when he was so small... and your layout here will do the same for you as your son grows. It is a beautiful layout - wonderful colours and the journalling is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely LO, love those little roses, thanks for the link back to the tutorial, will have to try those :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO and I just love all your 'finishing touches' - fabulous.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just beautiful -the roses are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab LO Katherine, great colours and I really like the 3D circles, I haven't seen you use those before :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely loving the lo's you are showing us in scrapfactor, you are a very talented lady

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails