Monday 23 May 2011

Friends

This is my week 5 enterance for scrapfactor, the theme was to focus on a single photo.  I used MME Jack and Jill cardstock as it went really well with those UTEE roses that I made a few weeks back.  I started with thet photo and popped it on white paper, edged it with red felt tip and then doodled a frame.  I cut out a rectangle and added a stamped edge using my flower punch, and then layered up some other pieces of paer on each side.  I scrumpled and ruffled and stitched around my sheets of paper and once happy with the LO I stuck them down, then using a denby dinner plate drew a circle around the LO in pencil and stitched over it on my machine.  I added some red ink drops (I didn't have a thin straw so I used a q-tip and snipped off the cotton wool ends - worked quite well as a dripper!).  I added the title - papermania stickers, and then stamped the rest of the quote and cut it out.  I added some journalling, making a bead frame with PVA, then added my UTEE roses, some leaves and some MS butterflies that I had covered in glossy accents.

This is a beautiful photo of my son and one of the few girls that he really gets on with - he has known her since he was very young and they are more like siblings who get on well.





 






Here is the peak of the LO that is in the Week 6 gallery at the moment - the challenge for this one is to use lots of photos on the LO - so go and have a look at what everyone has come up with.

12 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely GORGEOUS page!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice i love it.. thanks for sharing....love the red butterflies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layout....love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO, love the stitched circle and your utee roses look fab. Love the paint and the combination of papers you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stitched circle and UTEE roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful - I see a scraplift on its way (if that's ok :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh loving the circle, must be the week for them...i've just stitched one too lol!! gorgeous lo and well done on scrap factor x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab LO Katherine I just love all the stitching you do on the layers :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful photo to scrap. Lovely LO

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! (and I have total sewing machine envy!) You are totally awesome! Love your one photo layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, your layout just adds to how gorgeous the photo is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous LO Kat! I was tired just reading how much effort you put into this one! So worth it though, such a lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails