Wednesday 28 September 2011

Beach Games


I decided to have a go at the color room challenge again this week, here's the pallette.


 I'm still working my way through my summer photos - still got lots of beach shots to scrap.  This LO mostly consists of the remnants of my Handmade Hannah mini book kit - and grab boxes.  So the papers are MME Sunshine with a little Crate Paper portrait thrown in too.  I had seen a technique on Ingvlid Blome blog where she used a mask as a stencil and I assume painted in the middle - well that is what I did - I added a few bits of paper first and then I drew around and adjusted my prima corner mask in black gel pen, then I painted the middle with some glimmer mist. I used the remaining mist to splatter the page.  I re-layered all my paper that I didn't have to draw on and inked and ruffled the edges and stuck it down.  I ruffled my piece of burlap on a piece of double sided tape and then zig zag stitched it through my sewing machine, and added a few buttons and a pin.  I used my maya road doily to make another bakers twine wrapped embellishment and a few of the paper die cuts from the Crate Paper toy box range.  This is my first title that I cut on my silhouette - I am finding my way around the software and after a bit of playing I managed to cut it with a shadow piece of paper, as my papers didn't stand out as much as I wanted I doodled the word Beach on top and then painted it with a slightly watered down bit of glimmer mist, the rest of the title is authentique mini stickers.

So here are my kids playing on the beach - the faces of concentration - I personally always have a bit of a nightmare with beach bat and ball - the beach needs to be empty or else I can't play as otherwise I hit someone!!  Amazingly I don't think they did at all :)






18 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love the red and kraft together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that font on your alphas....very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. specially love your letters and the gathered hessian. Another great lo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great embellishments - love the gathered material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super LO - I love the fabric you have used, it works so well.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO Sutty, love your use of the colours. Great stencilling and painting in the background, a good idea. LOVE that ruffled burlap,a d the twine wrapped embellishment. Thanks for your lovely comment yesterday, you're right it is great to know someone over at the colour room, and thank you for inspiring me to join in and sign up last week with your LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout! Love the colors! I'll be trying this color pallet soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super layout - I particularly like that ruffle you have created. The colour palette idea is a great one so thank you for introducing me to the Color Room - I have just signed up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very cool use of the the burlap! And love your title! It came out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic Kat, you've done an amazing job with the colour palette! great mask and the burlap adds fab texture!

    I;m the same with a bat and ball lol!! no-one ever wants to play with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the page. all the textures totally rock. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool layout! I love that color palette. So many fun details on your layout....love the paint spatters and the twine wrapped flower. So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great layout.
    I really love that you wrapped twine around your punched out flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous Kat as always, do I gather these are this years summer photos - oooh - I'm so behind LOL! Haven't even had mine printed yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your feature woot woot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful LO Sutty, perfect colours for beach photos :)
    Love all the little elements and details...especially the ruffled burlap:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails