Monday 19 September 2011

Toastin


This is my first LO that I have done using the color room palette, here are the colors.


This LO is a shot of mine and my friends kids toasting marshmallows on the bbq whilst we were camping in France this year.  The papers I have used were from the quirky kit, and are sassafras sunshine broadcast and American Crafts peachy keen.  I ruffled and layered up and stitched my papers, I had a play with my new ek success punch to create the torn book page border, and inked and crumpled that too.  I cut out some swirls with a Tim Holtz die and then coated it in gesso and inked over in distress inks.  The flowers are made the same way as on my charm boy LO, and a tutorial will follow shortly.  I gathered some netting on a piece of double sided tape and placed it under my papers, and a piece of ribbon below that.  I added some chipboard clouds and swirls of bakers twine stuck down on glue.  I made a little butterfly embellishment using my Martha Stewart butterfly punch, and layering on a 1" punched circle, I then mounted this on white cardstock and cut around it with scallop edge scissors.  I then wrapped bakers twine around the circle and stuck the butterfly in the centre and a pear shaped pin behind.






22 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this lay out!, colour choice...just everything ! he he :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO as always Sutty, love your use of the colour room palette, beautiful combination :) Love the layered papers, twine, clouds and flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO many beautiful details to look at, it's so pretty using that colour palate too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layout, the photo works so well with the colour palate and your handmade flowers are so cute.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was given these papers over the weekend as my birthday swap, but there is no way I'd ever come up with something as beautiful as this

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really awesome. I love the details and your interpretation of the color palette! all that yummy texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love all the little details! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab photo. Love those clouds on strings, and the little butterfly embellishment, and you know I like the flowers, can't wait for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First visit to your blog - love your layouts x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout, I've not used any of that kit yet but ~I'm itching to get started on it.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous LO sutty, that bkgd paper is amazing...are all those lines stitched or is it printed?? Love the soft colours too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all so lovely - but what really caught my eye was the bakers twine to the clouds... such a sweet little idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous as always Kat, love the photo - brilliant memory of a holiday!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. kat, i always look at these colour paletts and you've made using one so easy - a beautiful layout and perfect papers to match the palett xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful Layout love all the detail and use of twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow love it a lot. Makes me want to get my kit out and do another LO.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, beautiful!! The Pic goes perfectly with the PPs & love all the handmade elements xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous!
    Really loving what you're doing with the kit. I'm defo off to dig out what I have left over!
    xx Leo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails