Monday 26 March 2012

Generations


I am up on Amanda's blog again today with more vintage inspiration (it carries on everyday this week so do go and look my page is one of 2 layouts today).

My inspiration for this page was to dig out all things vintage and have a play.  I have been meaning to scrap this photo for a while (I am the unhappy child on my Mum's lap...I actually love that you end up keeping photos like this as you couldn't see what the shot looked like til after you had developed it!).  So this is 4 generations of my family all together.  I started the page with a watercolour wash, I was trying to match the colour in the Crate Paper Portrait greeny piece I had.  I layered up strips of the Portrait papers and some old dictionary paper too.  I then added the October Afternoon family flash card, the page of the dictionary that talks about generations and some lace behind the photo.  I tied some string and then added some of the chipboard and die cuts from the portrait range, along with some OA type written phrases.  I added my vintage curtain rings on the diagonal and filled them with the green watercolour pain, I then added some flicks of paint and vintage buttons.  The title was cut out on my silhouette using the Ali Edwards font (I did cut it a bit thin, but managed to get it out :)).

So here is Amandas blog link, so if you want some inspiration and giveaway head over.





19 comments:

  1. This layout is wonderfull! I love it when people scrap their family photos but your page is absolutely gorgeous too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I have LOADS of things like that in boxes somewhere. I really ought to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the vintage elements you've used on the LO!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout, its so beautiful!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Kat...I am sure it's the turquoise colour that stands out for me! *Ü* I love every element of the page. It has a fresh appearance about it. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely page!
    I love the blue as your main and only color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful layout. Love the monochromatic type look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours seem so peaceful! I love this LO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout, love the colour, it's beautiful.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the vintage feel of this layout and it's good to scrap those photos that may not otherwise see the light of day. Out for another powerwalk soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the dimension and colours of this layout and the use of string and embellishments. Lovely layout thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kat this is awesome - love your colour selection and the white space on this layout! Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this layout, Katherine! Great use of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely vintage inspiration - lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic layout. It does have a beautiful vintage feel to it x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just had to comment on this page because I love the blue tones to compliment the old photograph :0)
    Cute little camera too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails