Monday 19 March 2012

One of My Favourite Things


This is my page for the new challenge over at the studio blog, the inspiration was this pin

photo credit: Sarah London Textiles 

I used the colours and also the idea of pattern and the layers of colour, but I choose to use hexagons.

The photo is from the most recent snowfall that we had, I absolutely LOVE snow (I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea) for me it makes the world look even more beautiful (before it's gone soggy and mushy) and I love all snow based sports.  Fortunately my enthusiasm for snow has been passed onto my kids so here is a shot of my son and I laughing at the bottom of our local best hill (it is also the one I sledged on as a child too).  We were laughing so much as my parents have recently bought these flat boards, and both I and my Dad struggled to keep them facing forwards, so about half way down the slope we spun around and then I had to steer looking backwards as you have to be careful of the river and trees at the bottom of the slope!

The papers are Crate Papers Pretty Party and Farmhouse collections and American Crafts Amy Tangerine.  There is some crate Peppermint Swirl chipboard, some glassine envelopes and lace.  For the title I partly printed it out on the computer using an old typewriter font (print it out on some plain paper first then gently adhere your papers over the top and pop it through the printer again.  The flocked chipboard is MME, not sure about the glittery snowflake which came in a Handmade Hannah Christmas kit.  I also did a little stitching using embroidery thread too, just as I love all the layers of colours in the pictures.

The challenge goes on til the end of March so if you feel inspired to have a go then do join in, I love seeing what you all create (you can click here to go there).

In other news the Vintage Blog Series has started today over on Amanda Jones blog so there is lots of inspiration there too.

Hope you all have a lovely Monday.






22 comments:

  1. loving this layout-- love the hexagon shapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO - love the hexagonal layered papers...it's all the extra detail you put on your LO's, like the stitching for instance, that makes them stand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the color going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hexagons and stitching really make this LO!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic use of the hexagon! Great color and flow and such a happy l/o!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love what you did with this! Such a fun challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Kat - loving the hexagons x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love the hexagons and the colors you chose are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those colour are fab. I have seen lots of Hexagons on layouts recently, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phenomenal layout! I love the hexagon shapes, and the cute colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful take on the inspiration! LOVE hexagons :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful layout, the hexagons work so well, the whole thing is perfectly composed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Sutty.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous layout and loving the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun! I love the hexagons! That is a fun inspiration piece. I got an idea just looking at it! :) I am in the other camp - can leave the snow behind forever! But I do love to create snow layouts - as long as I don't have to be in it, I am fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant LO. I love hoe you've done those hexagons with the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! This is gorgeous! I love the white space and the bright colours and the hexagons, and especially the way you've layered them, are just fantastic! D'you mind if I Pin this for future inspiration? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this LO Katherine. absolutely stunning, love the colours, the design, the fun feel to it. This may be one I just HAVE to case :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails