Friday 13 April 2012

Focus


Hello everyone, I know I've been missing a bit with Easter and the holidays, but I have managed a couple of pages so here is the 1st, I hope you enjoy it.  

I decided to have a go at the new My Minds Eye challenge which is to use hexagons.  I'd seen a page with lots of small circles laid out in a grid and decided to adapt it to hexagons, so my idea has evolved.  I've used the lovely MME kraft funday collection. This isn't the best photo as it was indoors on Christmas day and my son is incredibly focused constructing a spherical puzzle he got in his stocking.

I used a template for my hexagons, and some of them I cut out and filled with confetti - I made it using some small punches and then covered the inside layer in glue and layered it all in.  Another lovely technique I have seen recently is layering up lots of punched strips of kraft paper so I used my martha stewart lace punch and covered a couple of hexagons this way - I love the texture it gives.  I also layered a few of the gutted hexagon pieces on some of my hexagons and then carefully laid them all out in a grid with lots of measuring!  The photo I matted on some red card and then cut strips of the kraft funday paper which I layered behind - I inked and distressed these, then I added a layer of glassine paper and a strip of tissue tape with a twine flower.  I stitched a paper banner on the sewing machine and draped that around the photo and in the top corner.  My final touches were white flicks of paint (I love how it stand outs on kraft papers) and some chipboard Lush letters which I inked a little so the blue wasn't quite so bright.

I had lots of fun making this and here is a link to the challenge if you fancy digging out those hexagons (mine are all hand cut - I do have a die cut machine but couldn't work out how to make a perfect hexagon shape....tho somehow managed to work out how to do it on paper!)










20 comments:

  1. this is such a lovely page I love the hexagons

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow -- i love this!!i have been wanting to try hexagons - you have so motivated me to try it! great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Layout and love the idea of filled hexagons look like a fun challenge may have to have a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the detail you put into it. I like how the colors are more muted compared to the picture. It really makes the picture pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! So much fun. Love the confetti and bright colors against the kraft. Very FESTIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fab LO! I love all your different hexagons with different colours and textures. And the bold photo and muted paper colours makes for a great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is a fantastic LO! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the kraft on kraft and your little confetti hexagons! Too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great layout! Your subject (focus) is totally fun and and pops right off the page with the kraft/neutral background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love all those different details in the hexagons - great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The light blue/aqua really pops on the neutral background, fitting for the word "Focus"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. everyone is hexagon mad!! and you've not only used hexagons but bunting too. Your layout is fab and I like the confetti ones.

    Thank you for your comment today on my hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finished it at last. Its a real striking combo of colours I like it a lot boy you have some patience with the fiddly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great layout-- love how you made the hexagons filled with confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the hexagons! Love how you've done different things with them. I know what you mean about trying to 'draw' them to cut on a machine - I couldn't do it either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have really rocked those hexagons!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this page - have just joined your blog as it looks full of other lovely inspiration too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous layout, lovely colours.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tjis page is nothing short of amazing! Every little detail catches the eye! I am going to try and take part in Shimelle's week end tomorrow.. I hope you'll manage to find some time to join too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this. I am a great fan of kraft paper and the pattern on pattern style......not that I do it myself a lot but I admire those that go. Yep, def like this one:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails