Monday 2 April 2012

Tower Bridge

Here is my page for April 1st's studio challenge.  These photos seemed a great excuse to dive into the Portabello Road collection from Papermania. The photo is from a recent trip to tower bridge (see my previous post too), this one documents some of the beautiful city skyline you get to see from the bridge. For the page I started with cutting and mounting my photos on white card stock and then inked around the edge with tea dye distress ink. I then cut some strips of paper to go behind the photo, so these strips are just under 2" wide and varying lengths, I inked and crumpled the edges too. When I had worked out where those were going I used a doily as a mask and then used some broken china distress ink and rubbed it through using a makeup sponge so there is a subtle hint of a mask on my white card stock (and using ink so another bit of the challenge done). I cut a couple of vertical strips and one I used my ek success book pull out punch, again inking it, I also used washi tape to stick it down (as part of the challenge). I added a layer of some torn glassine envelopes and used a friends Memory Box border die (thank you Shelia...who did infact die cut it for me too). I die cut some kraft doilies (using MME kraft funday papers) and spellbinders iron work die (ticking another one of the challenge), I wove some twine in too (another part of the challenge too). Over on the other side of the pictures I used the scallop square shape that came with the portabello papers as a template and made my own, then stuck some star buttons and a die cut star (another but to include). I added some strips to the top and bottom of the paper which I stitched and some flicks of blue and red cosmic shimmer. So just in case you have missed the challenge...it is to include 3 of the following - kraft paper twine die cuts star ink. If you would like to join us then please do here is the link and the prize this month is a £10 voucher for Craft Island




13 comments:

  1. oh wow - there is something about layouts of London that i absolutely love. This is the second fantastic one i've seen this week. Beautiful Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning - i need that memory box boarder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this layout is absolutely gorgeous. The landscape photo works so well, you've got 3 photos and still manage lots of white space along with the layers and embellishment. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous layout as always!!! I love those colours and how you've put the page together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos and those papers REALLY compliment them. Nice job keeping the focus on the photos and still making a great l/o!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout, the papers and embellishments are just perfect! Really great photos too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly, truly stunning. I can say that papermania have outdone themselves with this selection of papers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page! Love the subtle doily mask :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw that range of papers recently and loved them and you've matched them perfectly with your London photos. Adding the distress ink to make them lookm 'vintagey' works really well too - love everything about your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab page. Lots of colour and details whilst still having lots of White space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a great layout.I love all the red and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page, love the patriotic colours. The view from the bridge looks great, that's something I should do sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails