Saturday 14 July 2012

Home Sweet Home


I haven't created any home decor items in ages, so when the challenge to use some bunting came up at the ATDML cybercrop I decided to create a little piece for our house.

I started by die cutting the letters on my silhouette and the tag was a free shape I could play around with.  I coated the Kaisercraft frame in white and then layered up some stitched pieces of Crate Papers Farmhouse Collection on the back of the frame.  I then added twine and threaded it carefully through my tags, sticking down the tags at the same time - this was a little fiddly trying not to move what you had stuck as you went.  I then stuck a button over the end of each piece of twine.  I added a few of the stickers and chipboard pieces to either side of the frame too - I love how quick and easy it is to embellish something using all the little stickers you get in collection packs, which is funny as it isn't something that automatically jumps into my cart when I shop (I mainly go for paper!), so note to self next time to have a browse through all the wonderful stickers.

Even my husband likes this, which is praise indeed from someone that doesn't appreciate the need for pretty non essential things around the house :)




26 comments:

  1. They do surprise us occasionally don't they, my dh is the same.

    Gorgeous frame - the letter look so good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute creation great design! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, what a great idea, I too have a husband like yours LOL
    Hugs
    Ang
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your frame,great design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love the design and the colours you have used

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha i knew i had seen it somewhere before - Just LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just lovely! Thanks for visiting Sail Away With Me this week and leaving Louise a bit of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great - love the colours you have used

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this.This'll look great on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great piece of art for your home, it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours you've used!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project and idea xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this is lovely what a great idea emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgot to mention that I am your latest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so pretty, I absolutely love it.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's lovely! I've got a similar frame and have been wondering what to do with it - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I like this, so colourful and stylish....very nice:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails