Wednesday 25 July 2012

New Home Card


This is my first card for Tando Creative and the challenge for this month is texture...to see what more of the design team have come up with and to join in with us click here. 

I love adding some texture to my projects and just chipboard adds an extra dimension to a project.  The key is from the mini keys set by Tando and they are all beautifully detailed, I covered it in metallic green ink (I thought it was silver!!!) and then embossed it with gold powder.  I mounted the key on some burlap which I painted with some white gesso.  The title is a free typewriter font you can get here and I inked the edges of the card with tea dye distress ink and then stapled the title on.


21 comments:

  1. Oh Kat that's lovely - so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this......so simple, as you say, but so very effective x Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very simple but lovely card definately a less is more type of card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very different New Home card and I love it! I love keys on cards.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple effective design, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean, simple, perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! The burlap adds great texture and the key is so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sweet card definitely has wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so simple, but so sweet yet stylish. Well done hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the texture and the simplicity of your card. Thanks for sharing.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. the paint on the burlap looks really effective....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love this! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great design!!! So beautiful!! awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card... so simple and striking and the texture is fabulous! :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a great card.so simple yet really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the colours and textures and the key is fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, lovely card! The burlap and gesso is an absolute winner... great first DT piece for Tando!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails