Friday 17 August 2012

Collecting Pebbles


Here is a page that I really enjoyed making....it started off as a go at the parquet flooring type pattern I have seen, but most of that got covered up!  I'll do another page with that on at some point.  I used lots of October Afternoons 9 to 5 collection for this, and just added lots of layers - I also had a go at stappling a zig zag of ribbon which worked really well, you just fold and staple at different angles and the blue went really well with the waterproofs! (yes another one of the wet Isle of Wight shots :)).  As I had 2 photos that I really needed to include I added a smaller one to the top left, again layering it up with little bits of paper stapled on, one of my paperchase arrow paper clips and then some tissure tape (and some die cut letters I had left over and a button).  Around the main photo I made a kraft tage with the word stones, and my journalling is in a glassine envelope behind the photo.  I also cut out a burlap heart and pinned it on with a MME brad.  I made a little layer of circles and tags to the right hand corner of the photo - most of those were punched out one of the 9 to 5 sheets, and added some more tissue tape.  The title is a mix of a prima mini alphabet sheet and the word I die cut on my silhouette using my favourite Ali Edwards font.  As I cut it out of a stripey paper I went around the edge with my gel pen to make it a little more defined.  The final step was some cosmic shimmer mist flicks across the page.

So this page continues to document the pebble collection of my kids, fortunately photos seem to be a great way of meaning that we don't have to have all the pebbles at home with us !






15 comments:

  1. so lovely. I do the same, take photos, so i don't have to keep everything they do/make. Especially school projects!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - love the little cut out heart! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is gorgeous!!! Your layering is A-Maz-Ing!!!! I love it!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ribbon and the burlap heart! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I like all the different elements that have the common theme of the rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the design on this! super job

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the added dimenstion the stapled ribbon gives. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the added dimension the stapled ribbon adds. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout! I was just looking at a receipt type paper and wondering what to make with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page! Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so great! love the details and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the lined paper background. great effect with the stapled ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun page full of detail! I love the photos and the burlap heart and the kraft tag and the misting. So much to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!Love the dimension-I just want to touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the photos and love the layout Kat. I like the stenciled tag. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails