Friday 31 August 2012

Jedi Towel


The theme for this week over at the Tando blog is 'It's a Man thing' - so I had to use this photo of my son.  We bought a surfer towel to keep him warm on the beach, and the only colour it came in was brown....he was really excited and delighted about the towel, much to our surprise....and then we realised it was like a Jedi cloak, so this is to document his love of his 'Jedi Towel' (it has also doubled as a great monks costume in a school play....never knew a brown towel could have sooo many uses!).

I started the page by tracing round the random circles mask with a gel pen, then I coloured it in with the peacock green cosmic shimmer mist - just squirt a little bit into the cap and then paint away.  The papers are all from Echo Parks This and That Charming range, I cut a few into circles too to fill some of the wholes in the mask.  I also used some tando bunting which I embossed with a cuttlebug woodgrain folder, and I used one of the arrows from a grab bag - I roughed up the edges and then covered it in red ink and perfect pearls as well as some sepia glossy accents.  I used the negative of the title that I cut out (it took me ages to decide on how and where to put the title!).  As always the journalling is tucked away behind the photo.

To see more inspiration check out this weeks posts over on the blog







16 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. Loving all the details

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my- that photo is priceless and what a super layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cool layout and towel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story to your page. Love the negative cut out title:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super fun LO and loving the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! bless him - super page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun story-love the idea of painting with your glimmer. I have a few bottles and I am terrible at spraying. I'm going to try painting this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this LO is so cool! Brilliant as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab page ! I love the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool towel! I think my husband would love one actually ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome layout. Very creative use of the template.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So loving your mask work!! This goes perfectly with your subject!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very beautiful page!!!
    Gégé

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kat that's brilliant - loving the colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks soooo good. Love that mask. And the story!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails