Thursday 14 July 2016

Door Hanger with Butterfly Kisses




I really enjoyed playing with the inks and mess for this project - it is a door hanger that I have been meaning to alter since the A Trip Down Memory Lane Retreat, and had coated with gesso and was just waiting for some mist.  I have a few photos to show you from the process too.







It started with a layer of gesso and then I did do a bit of misting and some other bits before my photos...so after I had added a layer of gesso I used some blue glitter paste (Frost) and BoBunny stencils (Fanciful), and added some Fleur de Lise copper foil (Copper Accents) from BoBunny too.  I used a mix of mists - the bright green is Mint by BoBunny and the blue is a Marion Smith Color Lab one I mixed myself - I also added some Peacock cosmic shimmer mist too....then when I decided to add the pink towards the end I used some tattered angel candy mist.

I added some flowers, the colours didn't matter too much as I gesso'd them so I could make them all co-ordinate with the misting and each other.



In the photo above I added another layer of gesso with my finger , and then added some of the pink mist over the top as I wanted it to stand out more, and the white gesso based helped this.


I also spritzed my flowers pink, and then some white card with the mint and blue mists and punched out leaves.  I used a Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch to punch 2 pink butterflies from the Sunlit paper from Butterfly Kisses.  The last step was some black micro beads.

Don't forget the A Trip Down Memory Lane Cybercrop this weekend - loads of free classes, challenges and inspiration - it will all start on Friday night over on the blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails