Monday 11 July 2011

Home Grown

This was the 3-2-1 challenge for Scrapfactor - 3 different papers, 2 photos and 1 piece of black cardstock.  The photo I choose was from our haul of raspberries and strawberries...which my kids help me pick (well actually mostly help me eat as not many make it to the fridge!).  I worked on a strawberry flower (and already  had a request for a little tutorial....which I will do :)) - I made them curling some circles and then threading them together.  The leaves are made out of spritzed paper - I mix all my distress inks in the spritizer til I get the colour I want, I cut them out with pinking shears to give the edge and then dry embossed the veins on.  The strawberries are embossed (swiss dots) and sanded and then glossy accented in the sepia on, I also did some little paper swirls too.  I cut out the red (die-cut looking) shape - it's crate paper's portrait line) and then I stitched and added a scalloped edge border which I also inked with tea dye distress ink.  I added a few more bits of papers behind the photos and some stickers (crate paper, portrait and echo park, for the record stickers).  I made a journalling spot and added a pearl bead swirl and some jenni bowlin chipboard buttons.  A few spots of paint and a glossy accented martha stewart butterfly and a touch of lace.






This week the challenge was to be out of the box, and my peak doesn't quite show the full extent of how out of a box it is.  We had to treasure some special memories - didn't have to be a LO but it had to capture the essence of scrapbooking and preserving memories.  There is some lovely work in the gallery on ukscrappers so go have a look.  You can also play along with the challenges and win prizes if you go have a look in the scrapfactor forum.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always - love the LO and the 'peek' looks really interesting.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just adore this page Katherine the strawberries and flowers are so creative and the pearl string looks just fab with them.
    Loving this weeks project too, you're so creative.....sshhh...don't tell anyone, you're my favourite :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and great sneak of the new project for the contest which after looking at the UKS gallery is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my dog just ate this years first home grown strawberry!! Love the layout and just adore this weeks out of the box on UKS. Simply fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those little flowers! Gorgeous!
    The layout is just fab! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flowers and the strawberries, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails