Monday 18 July 2011

Out of the Box - baby suitcase

The challenge last week on scrapfactor was a bit out of the box - you had to capture the essence of scrapping by preserving precious memories and telling a story, but it didn't have to be a LO.  I have a suitcase with baby treasures for both my boys, all their tags, the newspaper from the day they were born, balloons, cds..and I decided to preserve them in prettier and more documented way.  I made the suitcase from pizza boxes and I coated it with book paper and watered PVA, then painted the outside brown and spritzed it a bit. I decorated the inside and made a pocket to hold some photo tags of '1sts', and used Woodhaven papers, some sassafrass and prima bling - and I used the folded flowers too.

For the tags I used lots of printable vellum and some Memory Stor papers - and these all include 1st - 1st swim, 1st pictures, 1st Christmas and 1st steps and then a card detailing lots of information noted when he was born.


I decorated the outside and added the hospital tag from his cot.



I wrapped up each item in string and made tags detailing what they were...so the items in the box include, 1st shoes, 1st hair cut, baby tags, outfit home from the hospital, newspaper for the day they were born and cd that was number 1, the balloons my Mum loves to get and baby scans .

This week is a 3 LO challenge...so I have 3 peaks.  Do go over to the gallery and have a look at what has been created.


11 comments:

  1. stunning, there are really not enough superlatives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to vote for your baby memories case, it's so unique and creative...you clever girl you :)

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! What a stunning project - just amazing.

    So much attention to detail and pieces of interest - love it.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning!What a fabulous keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This is stunning! Such a wonderful and precious idea! I hope your boys will treasure it in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the suitcase! So beautiful and such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project hun absolutely gorgeous - good luck in the final! Got my fingers and toes crossed for you and obviously I've been voting every week tee hee! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is amazing, what an absolutely beautiful way of preserving such special things and memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on winning Scrapfactor - very much deserved.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails