Saturday 29 September 2012

Birthday Card from a tutorial


This is the card I created for my post over at It's a Creative World....I haven't ever been that impressed with my cards, and I like things inky....well Emilie Chamel has some fantastic tutorials.  As this card was for my brother I masculined it, so more blue and a button rather than a flower.  I don't have any paint dabbers so I used a sponge, acrylic paint and a kaisercraft label sheet to make the main label shape.  Next was the tissue tape across the middle, then I made the green flag - adding some ink from my distress pads to my sheet and water, and then smearing the flag through it, I then used a diamond stamp and weathered wood distress ink for the background and the word celebrate is a rub on.  I added an October Afternoon Flag, and some flicks of patine glimmer mist, some blue ranger pearls and I really like the card, which I don't often say, so I think I may have found a new inky card style!

8 comments:

  1. I love it!! The splatters of blue paint are just divine!

    Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love the grouping of the elements, and the delicate splatter across the space - lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant! And timely too as I need to make a card for my nephew ... thnaks. :o)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I'm liking the glimmer mist and pearls, they really add that extra special something to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab cards love the colours. I like the splatters they are so delicately done what do you use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card. I always struggle too with cards so i'll be checking out your link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! I love that calendar tape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails