Thursday 27 September 2012

Woody, Jessie and Joe


This is a page I did for my Trends on Tuesday over at A Trip Down Memory Lane it's all about ripping and there is a little guide to doing it and some other fantastic sites with examples to visit....so here is the link if you would like to take a look.

You will notice that our summer holidays involved a dream family holiday....we went to Florida and did Disney.  You will also notice in the pages that my youngest absolutely adored having his photo taken with the characters.....it is up there as one of his favourite things!!!  So this was on our first trip to Disney Land and we came off the wonderful log flume ride and noticed Woody and Jessie popping out, so we had to queue and he got his photo taken with them.  I got it printed in sepia to add to that cowboy feel.  The papers are a real mix, the base is one of my favourites and it is Simple Stories Awesome collection (as well as the bingo card), the blue/green and yellow papers are all Cosmo Cricket tea for two and the woodgrain and horse card are part of October Afternoons Farmhouse collection.

So the page started with the ripping and layering of papers behind the rips, I then added a couple of strips of tissue tape above and below where I wanted my photo matt.  I layered up the photo with the Cosmo Cricket papers - which I inked, stitched and distressed.  I slotted in the bingo card and the October Afternoon Miscellany and added a wide band of lace just under the corner.  Stuck this all down and used some staples as sticking onto fabric without using loads of glue and getting messy is tricky!  I layered up a pin with a tando star and a maya road wooden button.  I recently got a couple of alpha sets from kaisercraft and this is the grunge one which I used for the title, I used white cardstock and tea dye distress ink and then mounted it on the yellow Cosmo Cricket paper.  The last bit was to add some flicks of brown cosmic shimmer mist.  I really enjoyed this technique - even ripping one of my favourite pieces of paper (I have decided to use my favourite pieces of paper rather than hang onto them!!! :)) and definitely something I will try again.




21 comments:

  1. wow, great page. love all the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous layout! Love all the tearing-it really makes it look cool. I bet your son was thrilled to meet Woody and Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is absolutely gorgeous Sutty, and I am loving that photograph! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the torn technique and the picture is great. When I first saw it I thought perhaps youd dressed up ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute!! my son loves woody and jessie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic and fun layout! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page, I love the 'vintage' feel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! I need to do it more often.
    Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love this...it is a trip down memory lane for me...
    When i started scrapbooking tearing papes was really in style. i just love the sort of grungy feel of a torn and inked up edge. If it is a bit wonky and bending...then i love it even more.
    Yours is superb. That for the walk through on how to do it and i am off to llok at the link you gave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh...that's a cool look! I was afraid that you "tore up a project"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! I love the little elements that are peeking out of the torn paper. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful layout, love all the detail and well done for using up your fave papers. I know how hard that can be lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite kinda page, love the huge grungy looking type fonts xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous ripping... I love what's revealed behind! Fab layout (and a great photo too of course)...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project. Such an interesting way of presenting the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific layout. All the colors go so well with the photo theme

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have these two sitting on top of no.1 sons wardrobe. They are well loved characters in this house. Super page Kat, love your choice of papers and the Bullseye card is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh kat that's gorgeous - I love the colours and the use of the lace on the page, utterly beautiful as always

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful~love the words and the design is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great mix of papers there and perfect for the photo.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails