Wednesday 6 February 2013

A Feathered Friend


Hello, here is a page I made for my Trends on Tuesday post over at ATDML you can read a bit more about the inspiration behind the page there - and the trend is feathers hence the picture of my Dad with a bird who took a shine to him!

I've been having a play with inky backgrounds (check out Kim Price who inspired me to have a go at this) and yes my paper is fairly wrinkled - but it flattens out in the album so I am not too worried.  So I started the background with yellow and green mists. The papers are all from October Afternoons 9 to 5 range and I had a go at a really ruffling the edge technique from Rachel Elliot in Scrap365 - since I am partial to distressing papers I really enjoyed doing this!  I used a resist technique on the Studio Calico feathers with clear embossing powder (again in Scrap365 this month) and then made my own larger feather out of paper.  






12 comments:

  1. Fabulous design, love that inky background and the distressed edges of the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inkyness! I love love love the texture of the background papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I wasn't sure how you colour those wood feathers so thanks for the idea.... Another amazing layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layout love that green ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice love the paint effects on the page.. great work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo...what a gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh fab, inky and wrinkly, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout. Really interesting texture with the torn paper layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Goodness Sutty! I wish I had have seen this earlier I feel so neglectful! Wow wow wow I am totally blown away that you have been inspired by some of the techniques I have been playing with and I am so very honoured that you have blogged it.

    I just LOVE the lime green shade you have chosen for your inky background and you've really nailed the look! Fabulous layout and YES it will totally flatten out in your album.

    Gosh girl you are so crazy cool. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whooo that's a fab page! The feathers are very trendy and the lime green is stunning. I have a photo of our budgie to scrap and I hope you won't mind me pinching your title? :o)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this page, it looks really chunky & full of texture.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the zing of lime in this Kat and the texture. Love the photo too. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails