Sunday 24 February 2013

Family Portrait


This weeks theme over on the Tando blog has been distressing, and distressing and vintage go hand in hand - so I dug out another one of my older family photos for the occasion.  I used Cosmo Crickets Tea for Two papers as they had that 40s/50s feel to them, and then used some of the October Afternoon ephemera items from their Farmhouse kit and K and Co flowers that matched perfectly.  The leaves, butterfly and key are all Tando creations and got covered in paint, distress ink and then crackle paint and more ink - there is some more detail on the blog about how I treated the chipboard.

I started the page with a Tim Holtz swirl stamp and some gold/brown ink - I stamped all around the edge.  I then made my own die cut shape out of the rose cosmo cricket paper, and wet the edges, crinkled and ruffled them, then sanded and inked them.  I made a smaller die cut and this one I edged with a strip of pink paper that I pleated.  Now on to the last layer so just a couple of matts for behind the photo and some lace and a journal spot.  I also added spots of liquid pearls around the edges of some of my papers (and after doing this page I learnt that the way to get a more spherical bubble of liquid pearl is to tap the paper- or flick it from underneath and just this simple step works really well - so that is a top tip!).  

Have a great weekend.




8 comments:

  1. Ph that's beautiful:) I love vintage inspired pages and thd photo is great too:)0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Page - love the frames and all the little accents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page, love the paper frill.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw it over on Tando blog its lovely cute photo. I used to have a little camel coloured coat with dark brown velvet collars very much like the little girl in the photo. Those were the days eh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh the effort & work that has gone into this layout is just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this page - your creations are breathtaking. See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kat this page is utterly gorgeous, I love how you've used just the right papers! Simply magical! Hope you are OK haven't caught up forever on UKS

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails