Monday, 4 July 2011

What a Mess


Our challenge last week on Ukscrappers Scrapfactor was to re-scrap a photo from one of our early LOs.  I choose this lovely picture of my DS eating ministrone soup and coating himself in it at the same time.  So here is the original LO too - using DCWV Family Stack, vellum and gel pens.

For the new LO I had a go at a couple of new techniques, the 1st was for the background.  I had seen a LO with a lovely bubbley effect and remembered a paint technique we used at nursery school...must have been locked in my memory as I enjoyed it so much.  All you do is get a small shallowish dish and mix up paint,water and washing up liquid and then with a straw you blow bubbles into it so that they rise above the edge of the dish. Once happy with your bubbles you then place the paper on top and it gives you a lovely bubbley print.  I used red and yellow paint for mine.  The papers I have used for this are from Crate Papers Portrait pack, and the yellow in there is from their restoration collection.  I stitched, ruffled and layered the papers, added a piece of dictionary and cut out the definition of mess.  Most of my embellishments are stars - I used the cuttlebug set of 4 star dies for all my stars and stitched them down the middle.  The flower with the star centre is a firework flower which I found on the october afternoon blog.  I glossy accented the star in the middle.  I stitched some of the stars and added buttons and stickers too.  The alphabet is Heidi Swapp and the red is from Echo Park, For the Record.






This weeks challenge on Ukscrappers is the 3,2,1 challenge - 3 sheets of patterned paper, 2 photos and 1 piece of black cardstock.  Here is a peak at mine, head over to the gallery and look at all the beautiful creations, and you can play along too with the chance to win a prize on ukscrappers too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails