Wednesday 31 August 2011

Bloom and Grow and some peaks

I did this LO as a survival one for scrapfactor but didn't get to use it - thankfully.  Another mix of papers on here - the ledger piece is MME, and the others are a mix of MME Jack and Jill and echo park for the record - this is a real use up your stash with the strips of paper.  This is one of my favourite shots of my young man out and about - he's growing up so fast.  The flowers are die cut with the Tim Holtz tattered rose die and then I water distressed them, layered them up and stuck buttons threaded with yet more string through the middle.  The lace flowers are literally some lace that I stuck around a small 1inch circle that was covered in tape - you pleat it as you go around and they come out really well.  For the circles I used a collection of plates in various sizes from around the house.  I made the scalloped bit around the edge of the circle with  a one inch circle punch....you will notice that it goes up to the flowers as it wouldn't have worked to go all around the circle :) so the not quite joining up right bit is hidden away.  The leaves are cut out green cardstock inked and then wrapped around some flower stems and the alpha is a glittered American Crafts thickers set.  A few dots of paint and my martha stewart doily lace punch - still love that pattern, some doodling around the scallops.





Also here are some peaks of the September Scraprat kit which gets revealed tomorrow.  It's beautiful and full of lots of lovely goodies and beautiful papers.



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO Sutty, love all of those flowers, scallops and stitching. Love the ink splats too :) Gorgeous. Love the sneak of your next LO too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a gorgeous layout! I love how you've used so many flowery embellishments... yet it doesn't look feminine at all - just natural and fresh. The colours are just wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! What a great page!! Love all the little details you put into your embellies. Just wonderful - TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do fabulous work!!! TY for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout... Love it all. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, so many textures, I love it. The flowers are delish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LO - love all those layers and the embellies are fab.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just do the most beautiful, beautiful of creations. Such talent

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a gorgeous LO, love all those yummy layers! And your sneaks look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. more stunning work, I learn something every time I come to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the distress layers on here sutty and the flowers are so textured too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails