Wednesday 14 December 2011

Surf

Another summery page....just as it gets cold!  It is a surf shot of my DS from our holiday - lots of our photos are waterbased from that holiday.  For this I used my spellbinders labels die to make some frames, and I also cut some out  and used them as a mask of blue and orange glimmer mist.  The papers are Crate Paper Farmhouse, I also had a go at using some Teresa Collins white printed acetate.  So I started with the misting, and then layered up my frames for the background.  I made some bunting and swirled my bakers twine using some clear drying glue and then added the little flags. I added a yellow square of Farmhouse paper behind the photo, inked and stitched it, then the acetate on top.  With some of the offcuts of the label dies I layered them behind the photo, and the tiny blue bit is the journalling which pulls out from behind the photo.  I also made a little tag at the bottom out of my off cuts of paper, a crate sticker and bakers twine.  Then added some shells and other elements around the photo, I slid a little pile of punched paper there too (martha stewart doily edge lace), and the title is American crafts thickers - I used quite a bit of twine on this page to tie the elements together (almost literally :D)




15 comments:

  1. Lovely sunny LO.

    Gosh it's cold here - ice on the car, wind blowing a gale brrrrrrrrrrr.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats beautiful - really love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very inique LO~ I love it!!! awesome work Sutty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love love love love all those die cuts! I might have to find them somewhere!!!

    Your LO is really nice, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great page! The labels behind the photo are such a great idea. It's nice seeing something summery in this freezing cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and summery. I do love those Crate papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely Katherine I never would have thought of using these pp's for a summer LO love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great layout, love the use of all the frames. I usually end up putting mine in my scraps box so interesting to see other uses for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page - love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great LO...love how you've used the frames!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly stunning, I adore the frames. You've really captured a great shot of your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love scrapbooking beach photos when it's cold and grey outside! Very cool misting - love the color combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this layout! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE THIS!!! Wonderful photo and design- the white really makes the orange and yellows jump out in the page- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails