Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Surf

Another summery page....just as it gets cold!  It is a surf shot of my DS from our holiday - lots of our photos are waterbased from that holiday.  For this I used my spellbinders labels die to make some frames, and I also cut some out  and used them as a mask of blue and orange glimmer mist.  The papers are Crate Paper Farmhouse, I also had a go at using some Teresa Collins white printed acetate.  So I started with the misting, and then layered up my frames for the background.  I made some bunting and swirled my bakers twine using some clear drying glue and then added the little flags. I added a yellow square of Farmhouse paper behind the photo, inked and stitched it, then the acetate on top.  With some of the offcuts of the label dies I layered them behind the photo, and the tiny blue bit is the journalling which pulls out from behind the photo.  I also made a little tag at the bottom out of my off cuts of paper, a crate sticker and bakers twine.  Then added some shells and other elements around the photo, I slid a little pile of punched paper there too (martha stewart doily edge lace), and the title is American crafts thickers - I used quite a bit of twine on this page to tie the elements together (almost literally :D)




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails