Monday 17 February 2014

My Blessings





This is my last challenge over with the ladies at the Studio…and one of the hardest - no photos, which is something I don't do very often!  Since Valentine's day has just past I went with pinks and hearts and looked at some of my blessings in life.

I started the page with gesso, then cut 2" squares from lots of different papers - mainly American Crafts and Crate Paper.  I dug out die cuts, stickers, chipboard, wood veneers and decorated each of my little squares adding words that all mean something to me :)  It was great fun to make and very therapeutic, I liked that I could just pile the page high with different things that I like.  I think this page might have to go in a frame and become so wall art in our house.

There is lots more inspiration for those picture less pages over at the Studio, so here is the link.




9 comments:

  1. I do like this idea of not using a photo for a lay out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have a clue where to start with a photoless page! This is very clever, love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Wendy! As I start most pages with a photo and work out from there I'd so struggle with this, Yours is fab, Sutty. :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, but so hard with no photos - you are brave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuuute! The squares and hearts bind it all together, even with all the "random" embellies - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute page and fab inspiration, with all your blessings... I love it Katherine!! Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the idea for this challenge wikl miss your takes on the challenges <3

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails