Saturday, 4 March 2017

Altered Art with Faith


I made these arrows, which I twisted around to be houses to go in some photo frames for my wall...however with the reflection on the glass you couldn't see the images so well...so here they are lined up...but they will be in frames.

The chipboard base was an older Maya Road set, I covered it in gesso, and then added texture paste using the BoBunny dotty mask, I then had a play with some of the new pentart mixed media inks - which are really fun alcohol based inks.  You also get a diluter so you can create drips.  I used this for both of the blue houses.


I used some bronze metallic wax around the edges to add some sparkle.  Whilst it was dry I used the Faith light bulb stamps and cut them out.  I then wound florist wire around the houses and attached my light-bulbs to it with foam pads.  I used a mixture of paper and the noteworthy collection to add banners across, and tucked in a few sequins.


I used lots of the pentart creamy acrylics, I stamped and cut  out my "Be the Light", so I knew where to focus my paint.  I also added in some seed beads and some glitter paste, and just made the whole piece very textured.


Here is the other half of my "Be the Light" sandwich - made in the same way as the first.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails