Sunday 19 February 2012

My Gorgeous Boy



The new sketch challenge goes live today over at The Studio Blog, so here is my creation and a copy of the sketch I worked from ;

 There are lots of other fabulous pages over on the blog click here if you want to go and have a look and join in too.

The inspiration for my page was obviously the sketch!  I choose an older shot of my youngest - I tell you having a brand new nephew in the family has made me dig out lots of baby photos and play with them - it also helps that my DH is sorting out all our photos into one all accessible place so I can quickly pop back in time and pick up the ones I have missed.  I love this one as he is all snuggled up and just gorgeous!

I bought some dusty attic chipboard and haven't used much of it yet, so this was my excuse to get it out and have a play with it.  I embossed both the butterfly and vine in silver and then went around the edge with an inkpad and sponge just to add a little metallic blue.  The papers layered up behind the photo are October Afternoons Farmhouse collection - just using up odds and ends and strips, and I added one of their Rocket Age cards and some tissue tape behind them too (all the pieces were inked and distressed as usual).  The photo is mounted on some MME Lost and Found print paper.  The alphabet is a mix of some of the prima tiny letters and some of the velvet MME Lush chipboard which I did ink a little to make it not so bright baby blue.  For the line of circles in the sketch I added some flicks of white chalk glimmer mist and blue patina mist.  I then punched out some hearts using a poundland punch from a while back and a few tiny blue button stars were also added to the mixture.  The silver oval is part of a costco kit and something that has been lurking in my collection for ages so it was good to dig it out. To finish off the page I added a stitched square around the edge.

I loved using the sketch - it always makes me scrap a bit faster too as I have less deliberating to do on where I want the paper, if you fancy a go here is the link.




32 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, this is pure gorgeousness!
    the photo is just too sweet for words (I understand this is a fave!) and your layout just does the picture justice! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layout, love the muted colours, I wouldnt think of doing that for a baby photo but it really works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout is gorgeous, love your take on the sketch - fabulous stuff! Hope you're having a great sunday

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page. I love the texture of the layered papers and the little hearts are so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly Beautiful - just love it . Adorable photo and i love the colours and little elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! I love your take of the circle elements on the sketch with the confetti - very fun. I love the color palette and all the goodies tucked behind the photo - beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout, great take on the sketch and superb colour combos.I really like the delicate swish of little bits and bobs across the bottom, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful layout!! I love your take on the sketch. I like how you used the mists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch, the confetti looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful layout-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful layout, Sutty! Love the "sprinkling" of hearts and spatter and of course, that sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page very effective and such a cutie he is. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the sketch!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely LO so much gorgeous details in your work, gorgeous foto too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful, I love the little hearts
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is just so beautiful! I love the teeny tiny hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is BEAUTIFUL, and I love MME!
    Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at all that yummy space on your page....I love the minimalist look :0)
    The scatter of tiny hearts is so pretty and great colours too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful layout! I love all of the small details. So nice how elegant and textured the page is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to stay thank you so much for coming over to my blog and leaving a comment because it made me come over and fall in love with this layout so much that I had to create my version this weekend. I am putting it up on my blog tomorrow and I can't wait to show it off because I am so happy with it! :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous layout, really stunning.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous layout. Love the space around that cute picture. I might have to try this too ;-)
    Thank you for your comment on my Mouse card. Mx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Katharine, this is stunning! I love all the little bits and the charm. He is a lovely boy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous LO for your gorgeous boy :) great colours, and I love the cascade of small elements across it, a great sketch and use of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sutty~awesome LO!!! Fantastic~love what you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is lovely- I really struggle with monochromatic but you pulled it off beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a great layout from that sketch, really different but absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails