Friday 24 February 2012

Sunny Afternoons


Crate Paper have been having a collage week all this week showing some beautiful creations on their blog.  They also had a competition to do your own collage page taken from their inspiration and then tweet it.  I'd started this page but not quite finished it til last night (just before the light became to bad to take photos), set up a twitter account for myself which is @fruitofmyscraps and tweeted it to them.  I was delighted to wake up this morning and find I've won some paper :D

Here is a picture of my DS and one of his favourite friends who we go camping with, so here they are on a campsite field with a gym mat....they spent ages doing cartwheels, headstands and just messing around on it, and then did a little pose for this shot my DH took, I love the light in the shot and it is just one of those end of a sunny afternoon happy shots.

The papers I used for the page are Crate Paper's Farmhouse - still one of my favourites at the moment.  I started working on the collage block behind the photo, where I layered up several strips of paper and inked, ruffled and added some lines of zig zag and straight stitch....leaving the ends long to be piled under the buttons.  Once I knew the size of the main paper bit I then worked out where to put my grid and arrow stamp (American Crafts Chaps clear stamps) and inked them in aquamarine and poppy red from colorbox.  I used some blue memento ink for the circle stamp too, I also aded some images at the bottom of the page too.  I also added some flicks of shimmer mists, a nice peacock green and some firefly red.  Once all the inky bits had dried, I started to arrange it all.  My white doily didn't look right so I covered it in Spice Marmalade distress ink, just wiping the pad across the doily, and put some of the crate ruler sticker at the opposite corner.  I then added some chipboard pieces, both the banner and little circles into the ink splatters.  I piled up the thread ends under some buttons (if you look closely you can see the clear glue wasn't quite dry when I took the shots!.  Then finished it off with an Authentique mini alpha and some Echo Park For the Record alpha stickers too.

So I am off to where my big smile all day now :)




22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win, lovely page and well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the detail on this beautiful layout. Well done on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kat that's lovely, the bright colours on the pale background really make the page 'pop'!

    Hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page loving the colours and congrats on your win. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a fabulous page I keep meaning to start scrapbooking but always end up making a card lol one day :O)

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your win :) Great layout, love all the colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Doesn't it feel so good to win?
    What a gorgeous layout. LOVE the layering and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome layout! love all the misting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the summery, happy colors you used. It's going to be another grey, cold day in Nashville. I need some of that summer color today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS! it's a gorgeous layout - you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice bright cheery page!! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely page as always Congrats on yet another win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful page, easy to see why you won :) big congrats ... Off to follow ou on twitter now :) have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you on your win. Beautiful layered page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your win Kat. Love the layout - very vibrant and cheerful. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your win, don't those just make your day! I'm a new follower and I'd be honored if you followed me as well! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!! Lovely page, the bright colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely layout! The layers are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! Love you page such wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the win! And this is gorgeous- I love everything about it

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails