Thursday 16 February 2012

Penguin Love - We Scrap


I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines...here is a love themed page from me, we have been out and about over half term and so far the kids highlight has been the Dr Who experience which we kept as a complete surprise for them, an they absolutely loved.  It made up for us going roller skating, but when we got there we couldn't 'cos it was full - lesson to book ahead :) - so we did popcorn and a movie at home instead.

Here is another page with the North Shore kit from We Scrap.  I have thought for sometime that I should document my sons favourite soft toy....which is now in a very well-loved state, so this is his penguin which he still loves :) so this was my inspiration.

I started the page with a circle - drew very lightly around a plate and then stitched around it 3 times in brown thread, and rubbed the lines out afterwards.  I distressed and inked the edges of the Jenni Bowlin bingo cards, and then layered and distressed lots of the MME papers, made a little tag out of one of them too.  The pink ruffle of paper is from the co-ordinations page in my pack, I sanded it and then lightly wet it and folded and gathered it together, sticking it onto tape and then I stitched it along the top.  I also made my own little chain of hearts (I know MME do them in circles) but I used a little heart punch and then stitched through them, letting the machine run for a few stitched in between each one.  I added some of the felt ribbon and another punched line (ek success abstract flower punch) and a spare doily.  The alphabet is jillibean soup and I die cut the word love using the Ali Edwards font and welding it together on my robo.  The finishing touches were to add the bunting and a Tim Holtz ticket.






21 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love all the papers, stitching and the embellishments too. Fab photograph too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page ... the details are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Is all I have to say!! love the aged look die cut and border!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable layout! Love the way you sewed the little hearts together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the textures in this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet layout! I love all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pops in red. And such a fun thing to document :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like all the stitching do you do this with ordinary sewing machine If so do you ever have a problem with the paper tearing? I really like the colours again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous page! great sewing skills too. I'm going to pin this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This page is fabulous. I love all the little banners, especially the little hearts one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic page! I love all the machine stitching and the distressing. Love the bingo card as a frame. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet page - love all the great details. A nice way to remember his favorite penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page. I love all the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous page as always with lots of machine stitching on there which I love - really must have a go at this, but I'm the handstitching Queen LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow fantastic page love all the stitching and the heart border.

    My youngest has a dog he has always slept with I really should take some photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katharine, This is a wonderful design. I love the colours scheme and that picture! You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to see your fabulous stitching Sutty especially the sweet heart garland :0)
    Hope you've enjoyed half term week, at least the weather improved for us!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails