Monday 6 February 2012

Notebooks


I have only had a small play with my Bind it All since getting it - mainly making books for my kids so that they can create their own Skylanders (very big in my house at the moment - I'll have to do a page on it so I can show you all - but it is a computer game that comes with little characters you put on a portal and then they turn up in your game!).

I picked up some woodgrain plastic covering sheets from the poundshop as I love that dark woodgrain effect (you can tell that the sheets didn't cost much, but they work fine for this project).  I cut some mountboard to size for my covers and then covered them with the woodgrain plastic which went on really well without any bubbles.  I then cut some pages to size and made all the holes, next the decoration.  The  wide squareish book I used a Fat Face clothes tag - they have these beautifully aged tags on their clothes at the moment with the piece of material stitched on the bottom (I actually used them rather than just keep them because they are lovely :)). I used some scraps of a brown ruler paper I have, and then made a rosette flower out of some scraps of October Afternoon Farmhouse paper, I used some Martha Stewart butterfly punches, inking it all with distress ink and a Tim Holtz ticket, and lastly some yellow twine to stick it all together.  My intention for this book is that I use it a bit like an art journal though mainly with ideas or sketches or links that I find useful.

The second book is my Lists book - now I know there are some fantastic list makers out there, and I finally decided that I need to write down the things I have to do somewhere, so that I remember them and don't have to rush around trying to do them really quickly because I forgot!  So it is nice and thin, and I can pull out the pages once they are done.  Again I used scraps of paper for the decoration these are from the Crate Paper Farmhouse line, and an American crafts rosette, a bit of lace and cosmo cricket mini alpha.  I think these might make nice presents for people too, so you may well see a few more!

Other news I have is that this month I am very excited to be the Guest Designer over at We Scrap - they have beautiful kits and lots of challenges - I will show you my creations later on in the week.




28 comments:

  1. These notebooks are adorable. I love the wood look of them. You do nice work on your scrapbook pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, I love my bind it all, but hadn't thought about list books...great idea, if you do use up all the pages and still love the covers could just re bind with new pages...ohh off to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous. I love them and I must invest in a binding machine, another thing to add to my wishlist :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable books!
    And congrats on the GDT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those covers are awesome! And congrats on the guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love y our style! I love your mini books! I'm a new follower. I make card sketches! Soon to make mini book page sketches too!

    tsunamirosedesigns.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous books Kat, I haven't used my BIA in ages - must drag it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought your woodgrain was patterned paper! It looks great and your lovely books are a reminder that i should get my BIA out to use again x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katharine, how innovative! I love the wood grain especially.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the woody covers.Great mini books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm off to the pound shop :) as soonas the picture of your gorgeous notebooks turned upon my reader, mt first thought was oh my word ... I want that paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am about to create the cover of my lists book and I see this = WOW!!! Love these ideas...must rethink my plan! LOL!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these books! Great job on selecting the wood covers! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These are wonderful! I love the woodgrain covers too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fun! I love the wood grain covers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. great notebooks, they look very impressive, and I love the woodgrain. Love how you use up little scraps too, just my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a completely inspired use of something from the Pound shop and I will be searching some of that out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really liked the books this is somthing for the crafting group.
    http://dawntheconstantcrafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. The pictures are really great! I love pretty little things like this!

    http://thetwiningvine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful. Lovely work! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are brilliant notebooks sutty, the bind it all is such a useful tool but I don't think I'd use it enough to justify the space :0(
    Cute tag, these clothing shops are a great source of stash sometimes.... the white stuff have great tags too ;0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails