Tuesday 30 March 2010

Flowers

I decided to make some flowers from a tutorial on such a pretty mess blog I made this one using co-ordinations paper, so no inking but lots of tearing. However my tearing wasn't that great so I tried it cutting the paper and inking around the edges and came up with these flowers.



I also had a go at a tutorial from here which is in German, but you use circles of organza and then melt the edges - there are 2 similar colours in there and then I used a small flower punch and a brad to make them look like poppies. You can use other fabrics like tulle and they curl similarily.


Hope that might inspire some of you to have a go! :)

5 comments:

  1. All your flowers are lovely. I am def. going to try the organza ones...as soon as i get some material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers especially the organza, very clever. These are really expensive to buy too.

    TFS
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow those poppies look amazing...i wish i'd thought of that for the poppy LO i've just done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just tried the paper ones and they are so quick easy and simple to make thank you for the link to the tutorial

    Kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the effect you got with both the tearing and the cutting!....I found it easier to tear a circle if I roughly drew out the circle on the back of the cardstock.

    I posted a similar tutorial as the organza one a little while back here http://mycreativescrapbook.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1249 .....there are a couple of different sheer flower tutorials at this link :)

    Thanks for giving it a go!

    ~Gabi xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails