Saturday, 13 March 2010

Picture Perfect


Not been full of inspiration this week, though I had a few techniques I wanted to try out! I made the background cardboard shape from a pizza box, someone had suggested damping down the cardboard so you can pull the layer off, and this worked really well - just used a spray a couple of times and managed to get most of the top layer off easily. I then painted and inked the edges of it to bring our the pattern. I also cut the title out of cardboard painted, and that is the olivia cuttlebug alphabet. I used some glossy accents on the paper but that dosen't show much and added some glitter in patches around the cardboard. So layered and roughed up the papers, used some distress inks to make the tag and attached that. I made the flowers from the 6 petal tutorial - but this was using a larger punch - it was about 2 inches, worked well though I had to squash them lots as they became a little too 3D! I used sepia accents and stickles on them, then some prima pearls behind. I threaded some more pearls on the tulle wrapped around the flowers and stuck it down the best I could. I am putting it in for the ukscrappers challenge this week to use old stock, make an embellishment and use some fabric!











LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails