Sunday 4 March 2012

1st Cuddle


I think I may have mentioned that my nephew was born....which is what prompted me to dig out some of my kids baby photos.....so here he is on his first page.  I love this photo for the look of adoration my son is giving him as he carefully holds him (my hands are in there for the head support bit :)).

Inspiration; This page is for the Studio Challenge...which is to use chevrons, so I did this with 2 of my papers and then with the white embossed AC Chaps stamp (which is only a line of arrows - so that should explain why my chevrons are not that uniform).  The rest of the inspiration comes from pages I have seen like Lisa Truesdell over a twopeas and the MME paper, where you draw lines coming out of a central point on the page.  

Cutting out the paper to fit in these lines was a bit tricky and took some time and measuring.  Once that was done I extended the lines in pencil onto the kraft cardstock where I added the white embossed stamping (using just a plane piece of paper to mask the areas I didn't want to stamp) and some flicks of white paint.  Once these were all dry I then stitched along each of the lines to emphasise them.  The papers are all American Crafts Amy Tangerine from my recent AC package. I was trying to save them to just use on project life but I reckon I have enough for lots of pages too.  I decided to add some layers behind the photo and for this I used a glassine bag (which I ended up tracking down from a stamp shop!) which I embossed  with the swiss dots cuttlebug folder, then layered up some off cuts of paper and brown twine onto it and added a journal card inside.  I added lots of the Amy Tangerine die cuts too, and inked them and ruffled them as usual, and used my new date stamp.  The alphabet is a mix of a prima and AC thickers.

If you want to have a go at this challenge then hop over here

Other News; I have also done a post on It's A Creative World...involving this page, but with some of my favourite challenge and inspiration sites, there are loads of links for you to browse through at your leisure but if you want to get some more inspiration then have a look here.





20 comments:

  1. Swiss dots on glassine!!! Genius - two of my favourite things combined. The AC papers are lovely on kraft too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kat that's lovely and what a gorgeous photo to scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page..and the look on your son's face is priceless!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Creative use of the patterned paper and embellishments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning as always hun
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the chevrons - great page Kat with soo much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!!! Love the general feel and all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wonderful layout! Such great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute layout. That photo is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a fantastic layout! I love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great layout.The photograph is so sensitive-I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet and such a fabulous layout hun, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous layout it is just amazing!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lurve everything about this page- photo, colors, rays. You rocked it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails