Thursday 1 March 2012

Brand New - Guest Designing at Scrapology


I was really excited to be asked to join in the fun on the scrapology website as their guest designer this month.  My page is based on the sketch and the only other thing you need to include is some glitter...which you will see more of in the close up photos.  So other than these 2 things the rest of the inspiration for this came from the birth of my new little nephew- this isn't him, but it made me dig out some old baby photos of my kids, as I haven't really scrapped them yet.

Being a baby page the Prima Pixie Glen papers worked really well for me, and have seen lots of lovely fussy cutting on other blogs I decided to cut out some of the border elements on the papers such as the clock and umbrella.  The butterflies are from one of Primas older Flights of Fancy lines....and I have pretty much used up all the butterflies on that paper now, so I used some of the left over to make the rose flower - my tutorial for them is here.  I cut and inked some leaves out of green card stock, and added some little white roses which are the sort you get in packs in the 99p shop and I like collecting them.  The lace is from Prima and so is the little alphabet which I inked with tea dye distress ink.  Alongside ruffling and inking the papers I also stitched a rectangle around the photo - to match a paper layer in the sketch and I choose the crate paper Portrait background as this had a scalloped edge, again like the sketch.  The only other bits I have done is add a photo blur edge on the picture and a few spots of blue patina and white chalk glimmer mist (I added the blue as the white didn't show up too much, but I like it too).

Do pop over and see what the DT has done and join in the challenge as I would love to see what you create.  There is also a card challenge later in the month to look out for too.




23 comments:

  1. very nice llove the page and the flowers... thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout as always Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say this is exquisite I love the colours and the roses are fab . Can we have some lessons at next Months craft thingy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fussy cutting..great baby page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lovely layout! It all works together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty layout, love those greens
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous layout, I love the flowers and the butterfly, and the baby is cute too! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on the Scrapology post yesterday and was oohing over it then. It is gorgeous Katherine and I am swooning over it here lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout, & love the colours you've used. Congrats on being Guest Designer :D
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a stunner Katherine, Thanks for joining our team this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layout! love love love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning, really stunning

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome layout.. Love the color combination

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those flowers! your style is so great I have given you a Liebster Blog award! Please check it out at http://scrapcircus.blogspot.com/2012/03/leibster-award.html and spread the love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a gorgeous layout and I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your layout is stunning. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layout! Love the soft colors and sweet picture :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails