Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Fossil Hunting - We Scrap


The last page I made using my We Scrap kit (tho there is still enough left to make more).

I love this photo, and tried to keep the page fairly masculine, though there is a little twine flower (which I saw on Hannahs site here)!  The shot is my DS next to a massive ammonite fossil that he found quite unexpectedly on the beach....we never find fossils normally even in places where there are meant to be loads, and unfortunately it was too large to take home, so we had to have a photo for the memory instead.  

I started with a mist of the page, I used some of the jillibean soup letters to be the mask for the word fossil, and then added some flicks of blue and white mist.  Once the mist was dry I outlined the word with a white gel pen.  I stitched, inked and layered up a couple of rectangles, and wrapped twine around another strip and stuck them all down.  I die cut several different sized stars using a cuttlebug die, once I had worked out where I wanted them I folded them in half and then stuck them lightly to the page with a repositional glue and stitched down the centres.  I also added a few smaller punched out stars around the paint splats and on the papers.  My twine flower was a tip from my Handmade Hannah, and I think they work well on male pages too (tho I use flowers generally on my boys pages as I can't help myself!).  The word hunting is my favourite Ali Edwards font at the moment welded together and cut out of kraft paper on my craft robo.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails