Thursday, 16 February 2012

Penguin Love - We Scrap


I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines...here is a love themed page from me, we have been out and about over half term and so far the kids highlight has been the Dr Who experience which we kept as a complete surprise for them, an they absolutely loved.  It made up for us going roller skating, but when we got there we couldn't 'cos it was full - lesson to book ahead :) - so we did popcorn and a movie at home instead.

Here is another page with the North Shore kit from We Scrap.  I have thought for sometime that I should document my sons favourite soft toy....which is now in a very well-loved state, so this is his penguin which he still loves :) so this was my inspiration.

I started the page with a circle - drew very lightly around a plate and then stitched around it 3 times in brown thread, and rubbed the lines out afterwards.  I distressed and inked the edges of the Jenni Bowlin bingo cards, and then layered and distressed lots of the MME papers, made a little tag out of one of them too.  The pink ruffle of paper is from the co-ordinations page in my pack, I sanded it and then lightly wet it and folded and gathered it together, sticking it onto tape and then I stitched it along the top.  I also made my own little chain of hearts (I know MME do them in circles) but I used a little heart punch and then stitched through them, letting the machine run for a few stitched in between each one.  I added some of the felt ribbon and another punched line (ek success abstract flower punch) and a spare doily.  The alphabet is jillibean soup and I die cut the word love using the Ali Edwards font and welding it together on my robo.  The finishing touches were to add the bunting and a Tim Holtz ticket.






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails