Sunday, 19 February 2012

My Gorgeous Boy



The new sketch challenge goes live today over at The Studio Blog, so here is my creation and a copy of the sketch I worked from ;

 There are lots of other fabulous pages over on the blog click here if you want to go and have a look and join in too.

The inspiration for my page was obviously the sketch!  I choose an older shot of my youngest - I tell you having a brand new nephew in the family has made me dig out lots of baby photos and play with them - it also helps that my DH is sorting out all our photos into one all accessible place so I can quickly pop back in time and pick up the ones I have missed.  I love this one as he is all snuggled up and just gorgeous!

I bought some dusty attic chipboard and haven't used much of it yet, so this was my excuse to get it out and have a play with it.  I embossed both the butterfly and vine in silver and then went around the edge with an inkpad and sponge just to add a little metallic blue.  The papers layered up behind the photo are October Afternoons Farmhouse collection - just using up odds and ends and strips, and I added one of their Rocket Age cards and some tissue tape behind them too (all the pieces were inked and distressed as usual).  The photo is mounted on some MME Lost and Found print paper.  The alphabet is a mix of some of the prima tiny letters and some of the velvet MME Lush chipboard which I did ink a little to make it not so bright baby blue.  For the line of circles in the sketch I added some flicks of white chalk glimmer mist and blue patina mist.  I then punched out some hearts using a poundland punch from a while back and a few tiny blue button stars were also added to the mixture.  The silver oval is part of a costco kit and something that has been lurking in my collection for ages so it was good to dig it out. To finish off the page I added a stitched square around the edge.

I loved using the sketch - it always makes me scrap a bit faster too as I have less deliberating to do on where I want the paper, if you fancy a go here is the link.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails