Saturday, 11 August 2012

Skimming Stones


I had a look at the airmail trend that I have seen about at the moment over on the A Trip Down Memory Lane blog - here is a link to the post).  I used some lovely vintage 7 gypsies pages from a range called postale for this page.

I started using a number stencil and piling white gesso across it, whilst that was all drying I cut out my papers, and inked and stitched them.  I also chose a black and white and a smaller colour photo for this page too.  I used some of the offcuts of papers to make tabs at either side, and made a little layered punched patch under the colour photo using my Martha Stewart doily edge lace punch, and folding and layering the paper up.  I cut a strip of the airmail paper for the banner, and then wrapped the top part of the paper around the garden twine and then stapled it on.  I then used glue and a stapler to attach it to the page.  The alphabet is a mix of some cosmo cricket tiny type and also a cartabella alphabet sheet.

The photo is another one from our wet holiday on the Isle of Wight - in between the showers we went to alum bay and as on all stoney beaches we have a go at skimming pebbles which they are getting lots better at.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails