The challenge over the Studio for the next fortnight is to try and new technique on a page. I love trying new things, and was browsing through the pages of Scrap365 and saw a page in the gallery where someone had used drips of alcohol ink on acetate....and I have some alcohol inks but haven't really used them, so I dug them out. I created a wash effect with my paintbrush and the inks and a bit of thiner on some acetate, I then added some drops of blue and it made these beautiful drips...so easy. I decided to keep the page quite minimal as I didn't want to detract too much from the alcohol ink! I cut around the piece of acetate, and just added a few circles of paper from Fancy Pants In Love collection and Authentique and there is a dictionary page circle in there. I made a small banner with some of the lovely Lily Bee Buttercip papers, and stuck some small punched hearts. The title I created on my silhouette using the Ali Edwards handwriting font.
The photo is from our recent trip to the Isle of Wight....and doesn't show how windy and wet it was!!! I have a picture of me and the kids stood infront of the needles too which I will have to scrap - that one shows us looking windswept!
If you would like to join us and see all the other amazing creations then click here