Friday 16 November 2012

Gift Box


This weeks theme on the Tando Creative blog is home decor, and I decided to have a go at making a gift box and using some of my new crackle paint!  I'm not sure what came in the box originally...but it was lovely and I kept it for a future project!  I started by painting the box lid gold (as the base was already gold) and then added a coat of crackle paint and then the white over the top - I let it try naturally.

For the decorations on the top of the box I started by making a tetrahedron (learnt that word from my sons maths homework) which is a triangular based pyramid, so that I could stick the 3 cabochon roses on each side.  These roses came off a primark bracelet!  The lid starts with a layer of burlap. then some prima flowers and American craft leaves, my pyramid of roses, and then all the lovely Tando chipboard which I just embossed silver - you can see the keys, some lace and a compass all slotted in to give more interest to the pile on top.  I punched a Martha Stewart butterfly (this is still one of my favourite punches!) and added some liquid pearls for the flower centres and decoration around the box.

The box is great for a gift and I think I am going to make a little mini book to go inside - do hop over to the Tando blog and have a look at all the lovely projects this week - here is a link.





8 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine. This is a lovely little box.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box is absolutely gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and upcycling, all in the same project - fabbo!! :-) Oh, and incase you're wondering; I did do a scrap page yesterday -it's nothing like the one of yours I used as inspiration but I did one and I'm actually happy with it, for my level, so thanks heaps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful box x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! The paint texture is amazing, and I love the collection of embellishments - delicious! I've been playing with Crackle glaze too - mine's PaperArtsy, and I'm completely won over! Have a great weekend...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Love the crackle glaze

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails