Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Let it Snow


This weeks theme on the Tando blog is snow and Tando make these gorgeous mini snowflakes - I think I only have 2 left now! They also do a set of 5 snowflakes mask which I used with texture paste - I have seen a tutorial to make it but not tried it here, but I used some Martha Stewart paste (it's not that cheap) and just scraped it through the mask.  You need a tool with a flat edge so an old credit card or some stiff cardboard would work  too.  Once the paste was dry I then used my large photo - it is one of my favourite shots of  eldest all wrapped up and ready to play in the snow. I then added some strips of MME All is Bright (yep still going with that pack) and then a mixture of embellishments in the corner, some from last years Crate Paper and Basic Grey collections.  I then added some stitched lines of snowflakes.  I covered the Tando snowflakes in white memento ink, and then added some glitter glue, I also punched out some vellum snowflakes and added little pearls to the centre.  I glued them on and then ran a row of straight stitch from the top of the page.  I cut the title out on my silhouette which is Ali   Edwards' font and so I didn't have to mess around with too much glue on the photo I added a little glue to the words just to hold them in place and then stitched through the centre.

So for lots more snowy inspiration here is a link to the Tando blog.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails